Monday, October 6, 2008

Spelling Bee!


It has been a while since we last play an online game...

Today, I would like to share this simple, yet challenging game with you. It has something to do with the picture above.

I am not sure why, but this game is 'associated' with the creature above... it is a cute little bee.


The name of the online game is Spelling Bee

Here's how it works:

  • We'll play you a recording of a word (and show you the definition), you try to guess the spelling.
  • The more words you get right, the harder the words get.
  • Only your first guess counts towards your score. After that, you can keep trying to spell a word correctly without penalty.
  • After your second guess, we'll start to give you hints.
  • After three incorrect guesses, you can press the "I Surrender" button to reveal the correct spelling.
  • Scores are on a scale of 200 to 800. Your score (and rank) will update after every five words you complete.

Interested? Click here to access game: http://www.visualthesaurus.com/bee/


Well, everyone is unique and no one is perfect. Spelling is not my forte, and I was beaten by the game, and I surrendered after a few tries...

Come one, be honest, play this game and let me know how you fare...


After playing this game, I concluded that I need a new headphone!

Note:
Hearing the subtleties in the pronunciations can really help improve your score, so we recommend that you wear headphones while playing. See, this is the reason I need a new headphone... maybe I am not that bad after all!!

..

2 comments:

Ai-Ling said...

yup, played tht before. it's kind of interesting :)

limcyam said...

..hope you like it!