Friday, August 22, 2008

Am I a cheapskate...? Yes.. I am! Maybe I am not!!

My boss asked me to bring the KL staff to go for makan...

It has been a while since I receive this mandate and this makan has been postponed umpteenth times.. as there is not a single day that all of the staff will be in together... and this is also the reason I was tasked to head the makan delegation... boss overseas, and now I am the boss!

This morning, as puasa month is just around the corner and I will also be travelling next week, I gave the call.. today is Friday..... TGIF! We go makan.

err... what actually happens is that the mandate given is to have lunch at The Westin KL, just next door from our office...

Well, I am not going to blog about the food there... anyone been there knew exactly what to expect...

If you are a Kwai Loh, then that is Super Fisrt Class makan...

If you are a local, like me.... this place will not be on your makan list..

Anyway, we had the lunch at the Living Room, buffet style... and I am the got the Gold Medal in the event, numbers of round and also got Gold medal in the the event, taking most of the food but I lost in the event, speed of finishing the food.....

As this is not about the food.... I do not intend to post any pictures of the food here.


When all is done, I asked for the bill and nearly fainted again! Two days in a row! SO expensive... I could have sponsored a 12 course chinese dinner for a table of 12 at Tai Thong or elsewhere... well since I will be claiming this, I regain my composure and hand over my card for payment.






Now, after paying for the bill, we (me and me) took this and put it in my pockets....


Am I a cheapskate...?

4 comments:

tancc said...

Don't tell me after you signed the bill, you take the bil, pen and your credit card!!! If that was the case...Wauleu...memang cheepskate lah...your company don't have pen meh?

I know you don't think the food worth the price...well what he heck, this is an order!

limcyam said...

Wei.... free oneleh.. the waitrss gave it with the receipts to me... so I takelah.

My company gave us good pen... to good until we do not want to use it.... still in mint condition!

Okloh... next time I return it..

Yvonne said...

u damn cheapo la....

limcyam said...

.... more like kiasulah